Whitney Transport is a fast growing logistics organization in the Tampa area; embracing technology and elevating service to our customers and team members, passionately creating a better experience for all.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated, process driven and energetic Senior Accountant to join our fast growing logistics organization. In your position, you will play a key role in the startup and growing success of our company. A positive attitude, attention to detail and a growth mindset are a must for success in this role.
Directing, developing, implementing, and reviewing all processes, policies, and procedures of the department to maximize use of resources and ensure the highest level of service
- Manage general ledger and assist with month-end closing activities as directed for all entities
- Prepare/record journal entries including insurance related accruals and other accruals as needed
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, identify/resolve discrepancies
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and ensure all I/C entries eliminate properly
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Assist with the company’s strategic planning, annual budgeting process, and monthly forecasting
- Helps develop metric/KPI development and reporting
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 3+ Years Accounting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer Service Oriented
- Prior experience in a fast paced and flexible position preferred
- Multiple Entity experience preferred
- Experience using NetSuite preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive) & Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must.
- Expert in MS Excel
Potential Career Path
We are an EEO Employer. Please let us know if you need any assistance or accommodation in the application process.